The Munchkin Cat is a relatively newer breed of cats known for its short legs which are a result of a genetic mutation. This breed was recognised by the International Cat Association in 1995 which resulted in a lot of controversy.
In this blog post, I wanted to quickly introduce you to the Munchkin cat and share a few things with you about this kitty.
So, let’s begin!
- Munchkin cats playful, people-oriented, sweet-natured, and outgoing cats which are known to respond very well to being handled
- Their short legs do not affect their ability to walk, leap, or run in any way. However, their ability to jump is affected by this
- The characteristic of a Munchkin cat are similar to those of a domestic cat. The small to medium cat features a medium plus coat
- These cats come in a variety of colours and patterns and also comes in a long-haired variety
- This cat has a genetic mutation named achondroplasia which causes short legs and an enlargement of the head
- The cat was first introduced in 1991 and got recognised officially in 1995
Do you have a Munchkin cat? Let me know your kitty’s personality in the comments section! I would love to know more about your cat…
I think it is PITIFUL to breed this abnormality into a kitty. It is WRONG to do this, cats like to JUMP these cannot. stop doing this …….this is not good. I could never adopt/buy one I would feel sorry for it every single minute of every single day.
How much money does these cat run to adopt.
Stupid fashion. Shorten the owners legs