The ragdoll cat breed has distinctive blue eyes and a colorpoint coat. These large cats are quite muscular and have a soft and silky coat.
In this blog post, I will quickly introduce you to the Ragdoll cat breed and share a few things you should know about the cat breed.
So, let’s get started!
Physical Traits of Ragdoll Cat Breed
The Ragdoll cat breed is a laid-back, large, and semi-longhaired one.
These cats have captivating blue eyes.
The breed is a pointed one. This means that the cat’s body is lighter in color than the points (which includes the cat’s legs, face, tail and ears). Ragdoll cats are carefully bred to get three patterns:
- White colored cats—bi-color and mitted
- No whites— colorpoint
Ragdolls are well-balanced cats that have no extreme features.
Personality of Ragdolls
Let’s take a look at the personality of this kitty, shall we?
- Ragdolls love being around their humans and doing things that dogs normally do like playing fetch, coming when called and exploring the outside world on a leash
- The cat likes to stay at ground or sofa level and doesn’t want to climb to the highest point in your home
- A Ragdoll’s coat doesn’t mat easily because they don’t have an undercoat. So you have to brush or comb the coat thoroughly a few times a week to keep it beautiful, healthy, and tangle-free
- Ragdolls who play outdoors like to chase squirrels and hunt other bugs. If your cat likes to go outdoors make sure to limit the area using a secure fence or take the cat out on a leash
- Ragdolls do well with families and small children who treat them gently. They are also excellent with dogs and are nicknamed “puppy cats”
Do you own a ragdoll? Let us know about your kitty in the comments!