Food is the ultimate source of energy and energy is the ultimate reason for living. All living organism needs food for their survival. Our mother nature divided every single living animal on the basis of their food eating habit.
Some are herbivorous, carnivorous and omnivorous.
Cats are obligate carnivores, which means that they won’t thrive on fruits and vegetables. So, bananas aren’t a part of a kitty’s natural diet or tastes!
Bananas are a good source of mineral and vitamins for humans. They come packed with potassium which is good for our skin! However, bananas contain carbohydrates, which is not something your kitty needs a lot of.
Let’s take a look at cats and bananas
- Cats need a proper dedicated protein diet which includes a balanced amino profile. Feeding unnecessary carbs may lead to several gastrointestinal issues
- Scientifically, a cat’s anatomy is not meant to digest carbs. They don’t have carbohydrate-digesting enzymes in their gut
- Interestingly, experiments show that a meat-only diet is all a cat needs to live a healthy life
- If your cat is very fond of to eating bananas, the,n you can give her a small bite
- Cats are intolerant to high even mild or moderate level of carbs intake! So, keep the carbs away!
Do you have any questions? Let us know in the comments.