We all know that cats love catnip. But, did you know that 33% of the population of cats don’t really react to the herb?
In this blog post, I’d like to share a few facts about catnip that you probably didn’t know about.
So, let’s get started, shall we?
- Catnip is also known as Catmint, cat’s plant, cat cocaine and…kitty crack!
- The most popular use of catnip is to calm a cat down during a journey followed by using it on toys to increase excitement, and using it in scratch posts
- Did you know that Catnip is an ingredient used to manufacture cigarettes and teas!? It is also used as a cooking herb…
- Catnip acts as a mild hallucinogen
- Contrary to popular belief catnip is NOT addictive and is completely safe
- Cats won’t eat catnip but will brush up against it
- Kittens under six months that aren’t yet sexually mature are not affected by catnip at all
- Catnip can be used to train cats!
Did you know any of these facts before reading this? Let me know in the comments section.
Got a Catnip fact that you’d like to share!? We’d love to read it…
I have had 2 kitties that loved to eat catnip! I’ve also had cats that ignored the stuff. Love catnip tea myself!
One of my cats does eat catnip!!