Domestic shorthair cats or Moggies are kitties that don’t belong to a breed. As the name suggests, these cats have a short coat. These cats are one of the most common cats in the United States.
Most people call them house cats or alley cats.
In this blog post, we will re-introduce you to the domestic shorthair cat and share some fun facts.
Keep reading to learn more.
Domestic Shorthair Cat Facts
Take a look at some facts about the domestic shorthair cats.
- These cats were originally from Egypt and were domesticated since 2000 BC.
- The cats found their way to the United States on the Mayflower to help get rid of rats.
- These cats were pretty good at catching mice, and gained popularity.
- They come in many different colors and patterns.
- Domestic Shorthair cats usually have muscular bodies, rounded heads and paws, and medium length tails.
Summing Up: Domestic Shorthair Cat
These kitties have an average lifespan of 12 to 14 years and are generally very healthy.
Are you looking to get a domestic shorthair cat? Leave comments.