It seems as though 2018 came and went by in just a flash! From everyone here at FreakyPet, we wish all of our blog readers and customers a very happy new year! We hope that 2019 is an amazing year for all of you!
In this blog post, we wanted to share some strange facts about cats.
Let’s get started!
- Cats can drink seawater
- They can’t taste sweet things
- Some cats have opposable thumbs!
- The furry tufts on the inside of cats’ ears are called “ear furnishings”.
- By neutering a cat, you add about two to three years to its life.
- Most female cats are right-pawed, and most male cats favour their left paws.
- Cats sweat through the pads of their paws.
- Cats can run 3 mph faster than Usain Bolt.
- Cats have a third eyelid called a “haw”. It’s generally only visible when they’re unwell.
- Cats’ homing instinct may be due to magnets in their brain.
- Cats may have evolved their “tone of voice” to communicate with humans.
- The more you talk to your cat, the more it will talk to you.
- Cats purr at the same frequency as an idling diesel engine
- If your cat’s tail is vibrating, it’s excited to see you.
- In the original Italian version of Cinderella, the benevolent fairy godmother figure was a cat.
Aren’t cats majestic creatures!? Let me know which fact you didn’t know before in the comments section!