Did you come across a scared little kitten?
Scared kittens like to hide in small and dark places and ‘meow’ to call their moms. In most cases, the mothers can find and rescue to the little ball of fur but, that’s the best-case scenario.
In this blog post, I will teach you how to approach a scared kitten.
The first thing that you need to do when you approach a scared kitten is to call your local shelter as they’re better equipped and better trained in handling the situation.
In case the rescuers aren’t able to reach you, following is what you can do:
- Move slowly as the kitten will panic more if you rush to her side and may even run away and be in more danger
- Do not stare at the kitten: Have you ever seen a cat hunt? They keep looking at the prey and pounce. If you keep staring at the kitten, the chances are that she’ll think you want to hurt her. Regularly glance at the kitten to keep a check on her
- Don’t make yourself big: Don’t stand over the kitten. Sit down and make yourself look smaller and more approachable to the kitten
- Soften the voice: Use your baby voice to calm the kitten down. Don’t yell at the little guy!
- Don’t just grab the kitten: Grabbing the kitten seems like a good idea but, it isn’t so. The kitten can attack you, and the situation can take an ugly turn fast. Let the kitten take her time
Have you ever approached a scared kitten before? Let us know in the comments how you dealt with her…