Should your pet be allowed into your bed?
This is one of the most important questions you need to ask yourself before getting a furry friend home. This isn’t a decision I can make for you, however, I can help you reach a decision.
In this blog post, I will go through the pros and cons of sleeping with your kitty and help you make the right choice!
Let’s get started!
Pros Of Your Cat Sleeping With You
Following are some of the pros of letting your cat sleep with you in your bed:
- Warm and Cosy – You and your cat are both winning as you get to share the heat of the bed. Snuggling next to a loved one at the end of the day is something to look forward to!
- Stress Relief – When you’ve had a particularly stressful day, there’s nothing more calming than getting into bed with your favorite fur baby and reading a good book or watching Netflix. Your kitty is good for your stress levels
- Bond with your cat – As with any relationship, the more time you spend with your furry friend, the greater your bond will be. Most people are under the false assumption that cats are independent and don’t need a lot of time and attention—that’s just bonkers!
Cons Of Your Cat Sleeping With You
- Dirty Feet – Outdoor cats are particularly dirty at the end of the day, and bring all sorts of mud and dirt on their paws to your bed. Add to that, your cat may toileting outside or using a litter tray and could transfer some of this dirt onto your bed
- Cats don’t sleep through the night – As is the case with my kitty, cats like to be active at night as they spend a lot of the day sleeping. So, your cat can successfully disturb your sleep!
- Allergies – For some people, cat hair in the bed causes them to get allergies. In fact, you can develop an allergy to pets that you never had before if you spend a lot of time in close contact with them!
So, now that you know everything you should, what have you decided for yourself?
My kitty and I sleep in the same bed, and I love it. One thing that I do find annoying is that I’ve got cat hairs everywhere! But, that’s not a deal breaker for me.
My furbabies, I have four, all sleep with us! I have a bengal mix, and a ragdoll mix kitty, and my other two furbabies are actually a 13 year old dauchshund and a 2 year old english bulldog. My dauchshund has her own little bed right beside me (she is a cover diver). My bulldog sleeps with my daughter, or sometimes when he gets hot, he goes and gets on his orthopedic bed beside my daughters bed. She is his girl! Now, our kitties are momma’s babies! Mochey, our black ragdoll mix, has to be touching me in some way, and wants to lay between my doxie and me☺️. She always stretches a paw out and puts it on my cheek before going to sleep. Butterball sleeps on my belly, stretches his paws out to touch my chin, and wants to be covered up. They both stay most of the night. Honestly, I do not know what I would do without them.😊