Going with the theme of this week, I wanted to share some of the best tick and flea treatment options for cats available on the market with you.
In the previous blog posts, I went through a buying guide for tick and flea medicines on the market and a recipe for an effective home remedy. However, in this blog post, I want to go through some of the most effective products available on the market.
All the products that I have mentioned in the blog post are tried and tested.
But, I still do urge you to curb the problem using natural remedies as they don’t have harmful side effects and are safer for your feline friend.
With that being said, let’s jump right in, shall we?
Top 7 Picks: The Best Flea and Tick Treatments for Cats
In this section of the blog, I would like to go through the best flea and tick treatment options available on the market.
We will review each of these items in detail later in the blog post. For now, take a look at the quick overview of the products featured.
Here’s the deal:
Best Flea and Tick Treatment
Now, let’s take a look at each of these products individually and help you figure out which one of them is the best choice for your furry friend.
The Bayer Seresto Flea and Tick Collar is one of the best methods to treat fleas and prevent them from coming back. The collar is a good investment as it is effective in protecting your furry friend from fleas for eight months!
The collar repes and protects your kitty friend from ticks, fleas, lice and flea larvae and is a convenient and easy to use method. The collar is a good choice for puppies over 7 weeks of age.
Following are some key points of this collar:
- Offers eight months of non-stop protection from all kinds of parasites and can be used for puppies over 7 weeks of age
- Non-greasy, no mess, and odorless option for your cat’s protection as it continuously releases the pesticide at low concentrations
- The collar is easy to put on and can even be worn with a leash so it makes more convenient
Let’s take a look at the pros and the cons, shall we?
All in all, the Bayer Seresto Flea and Tick Collar is one of the best available on the market. This mess-free solution works effectively for months and protects your cat from every parasite.
The Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Pet and Home spray is one of the best flea and tick treatment for cats available on the market. The spray features a plant-based formula that kills ticks, flea eggs, fleas, and repels mosquitoes.
The spray has a unique blend of clove extract and peppermint oil that helps fight these parasites without causing serious side effects or health concerns for humans, children, and cats alike.
Following are some highlights:
- Kills ticks, fleas, and flea eggs when it comes in contact with them
- It contains certified natural essential oils and other plant-based materials which have no side effects
- The method is completely safe to use for cats and puppies over 12 weeks in age
- The treatment does not leave stains and won’t ruin your sheets or furniture
- Made in the US
Here are the pros and cons:
In summary, the Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Pet and Home spray is an effective treatment options and works very well.
The Bio Spot Active Care Flea and Tick spot on is one of the best choices when you’re looking for an effective tick and flea treatment for your furry friend. The treatment effectively works for flea eggs, fleas, ticks, flea larvae, etc.
This treatment comes with a Smart Shield applicator which designed to make applying the treatment easier and more convenient. The fast-drying formula works well and spreads through the oils of your cat’s skin.
Here are some key features of this treatment:
- The treatment effectively kills larvae, fleas, flea eggs, tick nymphs, ticks, etc. and repels mosquitoes
- It features a special applicator which makes administering a dose much easier and convenient
- The fast-drying formula ensures that the product doesn’t stain anything
Take a look at the pros and cons:
All in all, the Bio Spot Active Care Flea and Tick spot on is a safe and effective flea treatment for your furry friend.
Novartis Capstar Flea Tablets for cats are a good choice if you wish to treat an ongoing infestation. These capsules start killing the parasites within four hour of consumption and are effective for 24 hours.
A single does of the medicine id enough to kill all adult fleas. You should only give your cat one dose a day and always consult your vet before giving your cat any sort of medication.
Let’s look at some of the key features of this treatment option:
- The formula works very fast and kills fleas within four hours of administration
- One box comes with 6 tablets and you should give your cat only one tablet per day
- The pills effectively kill all adult fleas and work well on larvae and eggs, too
- Can be used on cats as well
Following are the pros and cons:
All in all, the Novartis Capstar Flea Tablets for cats are a god option if you’re looking to get fleas and ticks off of your cat instantly. However, the effects are temporary.
The Frontline Plus Cats flea and tick Treatment is one of the best treatments available to buy. This option provides long-lasting treatment and effectively kills adult fleas, larvae, and flea eggs.
The treatment works for 30 days and is waterproof. It even kills ticks that may cause Lyme disease! You can use the treatment on cats or puppies older than 8 weeks.
Here are some key features of this treatment option:
- Fast-acting and a long-lasting treatment for prevention and control
- Can be used on puppies over 8 weeks of age
- Works non-spot for 30 days
- Kills ticks, larvae, eggs, etc. including those that cause Lyme disease
Following are the pros and cons:
In summary, the Frontline Plus Cats flea and tick Treatment is a safe option for cats. The long-lasting treatment instantly kills all the ticks and protects your cat from them.
Would you try a flea and tick treatment collar for your feline friend? Let us know in the comments section…