We all know that puppies need to be socialised in order to become good, well-balanced dogs, right?
But, did you know that kittens also need to be socialised?
In this blog post, I’ll go over a few reasons why you should be socialising your kitten!
Let’s get started…
Following are the reasons why you should socialise your new kitten:
- Socialising your kitten from an early age will make her open to unknown people such as vets, visitors, small children, etc. Of course, your kitten won’t turn into a puppy!
- Socialising a kitten means that you’ll be introducing her to new sights, smells, sounds, people, situations, etc. and get her ready for anything that life will throw at her
- Socialising your kitten at an early age means that she’ll be able to learn and recall these memories better
- Your kitten shouldn’t ideally be separated from her mum or littermate till the age of 12 weeks—it is a critical time when a kitten learns how to actually be a cat and act as one from her mother
- Early experiences affect a kitten’s personality—make sure you give your kitty the best that you can!
Do you have any more tips for our readers? Share them with us in the comments section…
Muy interesante el artículo!!!
I got my first cat from a family friend at 5 weeks old. We thought it was too young to be separated from his mother and siblings. We made sure that we gave him lots of hugs, Kisses and affection. It also didn’t hurt that he was exposed to family and friends coming to visit. He is 6 months old now and he has turned into a very mild mannered and friendly cat. Last Saturday, we adopted a female kitten that is 12 weeks old. And with his mild temperament, she took a liking to him and they are inseparable!!