We all know that puppies need to be socialised in order to become good, well-balanced dogs, right?
But, did you know that kittens also need to be socialised?
In this blog post, I’ll go over a few reasons why you should be socialising your kitten!
Let’s get started…
Following are the reasons why you should socialise your new kitten:
- Socialising your kitten from an early age will make her open to unknown people such as vets, visitors, small children, etc. Of course, your kitten won’t turn into a puppy!
- Socialising a kitten means that you’ll be introducing her to new sights, smells, sounds, people, situations, etc. and get her ready for anything that life will throw at her
- Socialising your kitten at an early age means that she’ll be able to learn and recall these memories better
- Your kitten shouldn’t ideally be separated from her mum or littermate till the age of 12 weeks—it is a critical time when a kitten learns how to actually be a cat and act as one from her mother
- Early experiences affect a kitten’s personality—make sure you give your kitty the best that you can!
Do you have any more tips for our readers? Share them with us in the comments section…